The following terms and conditions apply to your membership in IBA. By joining or renewing your IBA membership you agree to abide by the following terms.
- IBA Leagues in the United States (including related tournaments and events) are operated by Local League Operators under the authority and license of the International Billiards Association, LLC. Your Local IBA League is independently owned and operated by the Local League Operator.
- IBA League and tournament play is conducted under IBA’s rules, including the rules stated in IBA’s Official Rulebook. As a member of IBA, you agree to abide by IBA’s rules.
- All participants in local IBA League play, tournaments and events must be valid members and in good standing.
- The IBA membership fee is $20. IBA memberships are effective for a calendar year and expire December 31. Members joining after August 15 are entitled to a discounted membership renewal the following year. Members joining after December 1 receive a membership for that calendar year.
- Applicants for membership must fill in all required fields on the IBA online or paper Membership Application. Information must be true and correct. The name on Applicant’s Membership Application must match Applicant’s state-issued photo driver’s license or identification card.
- Telephone numbers and email addresses may be used for important League communications. It is important that your contact information must be correct and kept up to date. IBA and the Local IBA League Operator are not responsible for mailings or communications not received because of incorrect or non-updated contact information.
- Applicants for IBA Membership are subject to IBA’s and the League Operator’s approval. Applying or paying for a membership is not final unless and until the membership is accepted by IBA and the Local IBA League Operator in our sole discretion. Memberships not accepted by us will be refunded. There are no other refunds of membership payments under any other circumstances.
- Teams pay a weekly fee established by the Local IBA League Operator to participate in IBA League activity. Weekly fees for participation in League activity must be paid when due.
- IBA is for people who want to enjoy the fun and excitement of recreational pool. Members must be of amateur standing. Persons who have characteristics of a professional pool player are not allowed to play in IBA Leagues (including our local, regional and national tournaments and events). Players may be deemed professional, and therefore ineligible for participation in IBA Leagues and IBA Membership, in IBA’s sole judgment and discretion.
- If you believe you have characteristics that might cause us to consider you a professional, please consult your Local League Operator or the IBA National Office before joining IBA or participating in our Leagues. Please understand that if IBA determines, in our judgment and discretion, that you have lost your amateur status, IBA may disqualify you from further participation in IBA Leagues (including local, regional or national events) at any time.
- The Local IBA League Operator has the full authority to conduct operation of the Local IBA League (including Local IBA League play, tournaments and events) and may make rulings and determination that the League Operator considers appropriate in his/her sole judgment and discretion, including with respect to handicapping and suspension of players for inappropriate conduct. Decisions of the Local League Operator may be appealed to the IBA National Appeals Committee as provided in the IBA Official Rulebook.
- Unsportsmanlike or disruptive conduct, unpaid weekly fees, or rule violations may result in suspension from participation or termination of membership. Additionally, IBA or the Local League Operator, in our sole judgment and discretion, may decline to accept your membership or renewal of your membership. If you are suspended, or your membership is terminated, or not accepted, you understand that you will lose any previously earned eligibility for participation in all IBA tournaments and events.
- You agree that all determinations of the IBA National Appeals Committee are final. This is your sole remedy in the event you disagree with a ruling or determination of the Local League Operator. You agree not to sue or assert any claim (including for damages, declaratory or injunctive relief) in any court, forum or proceeding. If you bring any such claim in violation of this agreement, you agree to reimburse IBA and the League Operator for its reasonable attorney fees and costs in defending and obtaining dismissal of the claim.
- You understand that League play may be conducted in bars, pool rooms and other locations that serve or permit consumption of alcohol. The choice to consume alcohol before, during or after League play is your own. You understand the risks of excessive consumption of alcohol by you and others. If you drink, please drink responsibly. Consumption of alcohol by members under the legal drinking age is never allowed at IBA League or tournament play or IBA events.
- Better to be safe than sorry. If you are planning to drink, arrange for a designated driver. If you think you might be impaired or over the legal limit, take a cab or get a ride with a sober driver.
- Please understand, IBA and the Local IBA League Operator are not responsible for onsite supervision of League play or for monitoring consumption of alcohol by you or any other member playing in the League. We are not responsible for determining whether someone can be served or is intoxicated or for detaining anyone from leaving the location or driving. IBA and the League Operator will not be liable for acts, conduct or consequences that might result from intoxication.
- IBA is not responsible for the condition, maintenance or upkeep of the bars, pool rooms and other locations where League play takes place (“Host Locations”). If there is a condition on the premises that you consider unsafe or dangerous, please notify the location’s management.
- You agree to waive and release IBA and the IBA League Operator (including their officers, directors, employees and agents) from any claim, cause of action, loss and damages, arising from or relating to your participation in IBA League or tournament play or any IBA related event, whether past, current or in the future, including without limitation, any claim, damage or loss relating to or arising from (a) any ruling, judgment or decision of IBA or the IBA League Operator, (b) any bodily or personal injury sustained by you, or (c) damage to or loss of property.
- We expect excellent sportsmanship during League play. Physical altercations and verbal abuse are strictly prohibited by IBA’s rules and any member engaging in such misconduct is subject to suspension from the League or termination of membership in IBA.
- While physical contact and verbal abuse are rare in the League, such misconduct can happen on occasion. You understand that IBA and the IBA League Operator are not responsible for the onsite supervision of League play. If someone engages in harassive, threatening or physical behavior during League night, immediately notify the Host Location’s staff or call the police. Do not engage in or try to break up a physical altercation yourself.
- As a player in the League, you are also a patron of the Host Location where League play is conducted. While, generally, you may play in any Host Location where IBA League play is offered, you do need to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner in the Host Location. Like any private business, a Host Location has the right to remove and exclude from their premises any customer whose conduct or behavior, in the sole judgment of the Host Location, makes him/her an unacceptable customer of the establishment. Please understand that IBA has no responsibility or control over the business decision of Host Locations.
- You agree to pay for any injury, damage or loss to person or property caused by your conduct, acts and inactions while participating in IBA Local League play, tournaments and events. If any loss is incurred or any charge or claim is made against IBA or the League Operator for any injury, damage or loss to person or property due to your conduct, acts or inaction, you agree to reimburse and indemnify IBA and the League Operator against such charge or claim.
- Members may play in any geographic area where there is a sanctioned IBA League. Please understand that IBA does not guarantee that there will be sanctioned IBA League play in any particular locale. There is no “transfer fee” for playing in another IBA League area. Memberships may not be transferred to another person. Members are responsible for locating and developing a team to join.
- If you have no team affiliation, the Local IBA League Operator may be able to assist you in finding a team, but IBA and the League Operator do not guarantee placement on a team nor the number or frequency of matches you will play on a team. It is generally up to the team’s captain to decide the team’s line-up for weekly match and tournament play and to decide who among team members will or will not play and who they will be put up against.
- You understand that photographs and video recordings may be made as a part of IBA Leagues, tournaments and events. In connection with your participation in IBA Leagues, tournament and events, you grant IBA and the Local IBA League (and our licensees, designees and assigns) the full right to photograph and/or video record you and/or your voice; use your name in association therewith; use, broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and recordings freely for any purpose, including for advertising, promotional and commercial purposes; and edit, modify, adapt, make derivative works from, copyright and otherwise use the pictures and recordings as IBA chooses. You waive any claim of any right or interest in the photographs and recordings and any compensation or other benefits for your appearance in any images or recordings.
International Billiards Association also known as IBA has been in the business of managing pool/billiards leagues since 2005 when it merged with M8 Pool Leagues. M8 has been in business since 1989 and is one of the largest independent leagues in the country. M8 had its own proprietary pool/billiards handicapping system now known as TruSpot™. With millions of sets played in its 32+ year histroy, TruSpot™ has long been touted as the most accurate pool/billiards handicapping system in the business.
Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - International Billiards Association™, LLC. All rights reserved